There are beautiful women of all shapes and sizes in the world and I figure not everyone might know where to buy beautiful clothes that look as good on them as a designer piece does on a supermodel.
(And when I say supermodel I mean all models – whether they are size 4 or 14 …Just sayin.)
A few weeks ago Melbourne hosted the curvy couture fashion show which showcased some really spectacular fashion. I’m not talking your basics and borings like wrap dresses and elastic pants, I’m talking serious fashion pieces worthy of any runway and wardrobe.
I’ve compiled a list of Australian fashion labels for women sizes 12 and up, that I love, and while I havent tried all of them personally, my shopping list has certainly grown miles.
My top 7 curvy Australian fashion labels.
- Harlow is a label I discovered only a few months ago. I love that they do a lot of basics as well as edgy designs in gorgeous textures. A fantastic collection to build your capsule wardrobe with and then some.
- Embody Denim was started by the gorgeous curvy model Natalie Wakeling and she specializes in denim jeans and skirts. They look fabulous on, are affordable and sizes range from 14 to 22. The denim skirt needs to be in my wardrobe.
- 17 Sundays is a brand I’ve admired for a while, they create gorgeous classic pieces that can be worn casually or dressed up.
- Lala Belle does stunning dresses fit for a Parisian princess. The designs are feminine and flirty in silks and lace.
- Eder and Berk do classic pieces with a modern edge in gorgeous colours, are beautifully tailored and effortlessly cool.
- Nyata is totally my style. Lots of black and white with classic pieces in textured fabrics that can be worn day or night, and each design is so flattering. I cant wait to get my hands on of these.
- Icelandic Blue is another label that do beautiful classics in lush fabrics – like this glorious silk velvet jacket.
That’s it for now folks, I havent included the mainstream shops you find at shopping malls, those I’m sure you already know about. I hope you find something special for yourself.
Do you have any other suggestions or favourite labels? Have you tried any of these? Tell me in the comments below
PS. I would love you to come and join my Facebook family for a bit more of Starring Maya fun. Or if you're more of an Instagram person then right this way 🙂 See you around! xxx Shereen