A go-to outfit has saved me so many many time, especially when I’m running late, or when I’m just not able to get my shit together.
It’s the perfect ensemble in your wardrobe that is completely failsafe no matter what kind of mood you’re in, it always makes you look and feel like a million dollars. It’s something you can always fall back on.
Even though my wardrobe is predominantly black and white, I still get stuck when I don’t have enough time to get dressed and everything else is dirty.
There are days I’ll go a whole week wearing the same kind of outfit. Which is why I have about 10 black and white t-shirts that are always in high rotation.
There are 5 rules I follow with my go-to outfit.
- Keep it simple. Something that I can build on with accessories if there is extra time
- It has to be something I know without a doubt looks good on.
- Dont let it sit in the washing basket after wearing, get it in the wash as soon as you can
- I always have at least 2 backups for time when my favourite is in the wash or I wore my first choice the day before.
- I try to invest in good quality basics when I can. My favourites go through the wringer a lot so they need to be durable and made of good quality fabric.
My go-to outfits at the moment are:
- Work: Jeans, white or black plain tee, Black long line vest and black flats. if I need to head into a meeting I might swap the flats for heels and throw on some more accessories.
- Dressy work: leggings, an oversized knit with a long necklace and boots always, always saves the day.
- Lunch or drinks with friends : It’s boring but I love an all black outfit, sometimes it’s a black dress with sandals and sometimes it’s black trousers with a silk drapy top. Always a huge statement necklace or earrings. Black is not boring when it’s a canvas for gorgeous jewellery – that’s my excuse and I’m sticking to it!
- Taking my daughter out and about: Jeans,tee, scarf, and any flat comfortable shoes I’ve got lying around.
I can never resist putting on some bling on the way out, so I always have a tray of jewellery on the hall table I can grab on the go.
Here are some other ideas if you’d like to create your own easy go-to outfits
- A midi skirt, soft knit jumper and ankle boots
- Black leggings, Oversized anything on top with ankle or knee boots
- Jeans, White tee, Black blazer, ankle boots or ballet flats. A classic style that always looks chic.
- White men’s style shirt, dark denim, heels or ballet flats. my personal favourite.
- Pencil Skirt, cute knit sweater, thick heeled shoes
- A dress. I love an all in one outfit. I’m always on the hunt for the perfect everyday dress.