Welcome to another ‘Wardrobe Tip’ Post! I have so much fun doing these posts, I cant explain it. Give me some cool gadgets and some clothes and I’m a happy woman! I’m on a mission to try out everything ever made to do with clothes.
I figure if you’re going to spend a fortune on gorgeous expensive things, you may as well know what there is available to keep them looking as new and fresh as they did the day you bought them, for as long as possible.
Before I start, just a quick note — In order for me to write my ‘wardrobe tips’ posts, I needed to test and review a few products. I contacted the amazing Howard Storage World and they were only too happy to send me some things that I chose from their online store. Even though it’s a sponsored post, I only try out and write about the products I honestly love and would recommend to you.
So here is my list of Cool gadgets to keep your clothes looking awesome:
- Use a pressing cloth when ironing. Ever notice when you iron linen or dark fabrics like navy or black you get shiny marks which basically ruin the look of a beautiful garment. Using a pressing cloth protects the fabric. I have this fantastic mesh pressing cloth I got from Howard Storage World, which unfortunately is all sold out, but you can also use a piece of thin cotton like muslin.
- A lint shaver is a lifesaver, especially during winter when wools and knits are in high rotation. You can either use a regular shaving blade and literally shave the pills off as you would your legs, or use this awesome lint shaver. This snazzy contraption does the work in a fraction of the time, is cheap and so much fun to use. I highlyrecommend it.
- A sticky lint remover. If you don’t have one of these, you dont know what you’re missing! I swear it’ll change your life. Especially if you wear black a lot or have pets (kids). Nothing says ‘I couldnt be bothered’ then wearing black with crap all over it all. Not a good look. Which is why I literally have one in every room and handbag.
- Dryer balls. Yeah I know, I was like WTF when I first read about these but I now see the light. Clothes go into the dryer as normal, and come out soft and fluffy. These little dryer balls basically just gently pummel and fluff up all the fibres in the cloth as it dries. Perfect for stiffish cottons/linens and bulky items like pillows and blankets.
- Damp rid. It drives me crazy when I’ve worked really hard putting my seasonal clothes away in storage only to open it up months later to smelly mouldy messes. If you live in a place with little circulation, these are fantastic for sucking up any moisture in the air, leaving your clothes nice and dry.
That’s it for now folks. Hope you got something out of this post and if you have anything else to add, PLEASE let me know so I can go and check it out:)PS. I would love you to come and join my Facebook family for a bit more of Starring Maya fun. Or if you're more of an Instagram person then right this way 🙂 See you around! xxx Shereen