Hello and welcome to ‘Starring Maya’, a Sydney based lifestyle blog.
As you may have guessed this blog is named after my daughter Maya, who is a crazy little 2 year old slice of heaven. I started blogging when she was only a few weeks old, around the time when she started to sleep in more than 2 hour blocks.
Which for me meant that I started to function a little more normally in my brain, only to realise that I needed an outlet and human interaction without having to get dressed and leave the house.
Blogging saved me. I felt like I was contributing to the world albeit in my pyjamas and from the couch, but didnt need to feel guilty that I loved staying home.
I write mostly about my experiences in the Costume Industry, tips and how to’s on wardrobe style and of course, being a mother to a little toddler.
I also love to blog about everything in between because sometimes, i just want to write what’s in my head and not what I’m supposed to.
A few more tidbits about me:
- I love being a mum
- I hate cleaning the house but I do it so my daughter is not rolling in filth
- I despise fake people especially in the fashion industry.
- If you don’t look at me in the eye when you first meet me, you’ll never be a friend.
- I love jewellery in a morbidly unhealthy addictive way
- I am a feminist
- I swear a lot
- I am Indian, was born in Fiji and moved to Australia when I was 10.
- I refuse to tolerate people who are racist, sexist or homophobic.
- I secretly love dressing as daggy as I can when I’m at home.
- I love Disney movies and still believe in magic.
- As Mindy kaling’s mother told her, I believe I have the same entitlement as a rich white man.
Thank you for reading and it was so lovely to meet you:) Feel free to say hello and tell me a few things about you in the comments below:)