If you follow my Instagram account, then you’d by know that I’m obsessed with 2 things in my life. Maya and Jewellery.
I have a thing for big bold bright jewellery, and there is never such a thing as too much in my world when accessorizing.
I realize not everyone is as hardcore as me:-
- When I have to travel I have a special case for my jewellery
- When there is a jewellery sale my heart starts to palpitate
- When I know there is a set to the ring I just bought, I go a little crazy and want it all
- If I cant see it from a mile away I don’t want it
- When I get dressed I choose my jewellery first
- I think of jewellery as Art – of which I am an avid collector.
It wasn’t always this way. I remember during the London backpacking days, I wore the tiniest earrings and ring you ever did see. But when you’re living out of a suitcase with not much money to buy new outfits you start searching for ways to improvise. And so my jewellery obsession began.
I found it to be like anything else new, all you have to do is like it, want to wear it, put it on and get on with life.
So here are my 3 tips for incorporating statement jewellery into your life.
- Start with wearing only one bold piece to stand out and keep the rest minimal. You could wear a gorgeous statement necklace and keep your earrings/rings/bracelets small or wear none at all.
- Pair bold jewellery with simple outfits. If you’re wearing a lot of prints and patterns, it can be hard to find something that goes if you are not a seasoned jewellery wearer. On the other hand if you are wearing, say a white shirt or tee with jeans, virtually any statement piece would look amazing. Keep it Simple.
- Choose jewels within your own personal style. If you only wear silver, then go for a statement piece in silver so you feel more comfortable. If you’re favourite colour is blue, try a turquoise piece. Or, if you’ve only ever worn earrings and no other piece of jewellery, then just start with statement earrings.
I wear bold jewellery because I love looking at it, I love the way it feels. I love it period. I never for a minute ever wondered if it suited me or not, I just wear it because I like it.
Go ahead and try it. Do it with conviction and confidence. Take a selfie even! No one will know it’s your first time anyway. They’re all too busy taking their own selfiesPS. I would love you to come and join my Facebook family for a bit more of Starring Maya fun. Or if you're more of an Instagram person then right this way 🙂 See you around! xxx Shereen